- Khaki bottoms: pants, shorts, skorts, jumpers
- Royal blue or white uniform/collared shirts with bee logo grades 1 – 5
- Purple collared shirts with bee logo grade Pre-K and Kindergarten
- School Spirit T-shirts will be sold after school begins.
Douglass Elementary students wear uniforms each day. The dress attire consists of uniform khaki bottoms: skirts, pants, shorts, skorts, or jumpers. Students must wear a royal blue or white collared shirt each day. During the school year, we will also sell school t-shirts that may be worn with uniform bottoms. Attire cannot be hazardous to the safety of the students or other students. Attire cannot be disruptive of school operation or classroom discipline. Clothing cannot depict any vulgar symbol, slogan, or message. Clothing cannot represent indecent exposure. No school bags with wheels are allowed. Fake fingernails are not allowed. Purses are not allowed.
Douglass is always grateful for gently used uniforms to be passed on to other students. If you have used uniforms to share, please send them in to the office at any time. Thank you very much for your kindness!
- Douglass students may wear a choice of two shirts: white or royal blue with school logo. Undershirts MUST be white (no colored undershirts).
- K-1st grade students may wear elastic waist uniform pull-on bottoms.
- Uniform shorts or skirts must be 3” above the knee or longer. Mini-skirts are prohibited. Shorts with 3” zippers are not allowed.
- Slit or frayed pant legs are not allowed. The rolling up of pant legs is prohibited.
- Pants, shorts and /or other uniform bottoms with multiple pockets such as cargo-pockets, cell-phone pockets, and/or non-traditional pockets are not allowed.
- All pants, shorts and other uniform bottoms are to be worn at the waist. A belt must be worn at the waist with all uniform bottoms with belt loops. No oversized or undersized clothing is permitted. Clothing must be properly sized.
- All white or all black shoes must have a rubber sole. No Knee-high boots, high-heels, or wedge heels are allowed. Shoes or tennis shoes that have a closed-in toe must be worn. Shoes such as flip-flops, slides, clogs, moccasins, sandals, knee-high boots, dressy shoes, slippers and are not allowed. All shoes with shoe strings must be properly laced and tied. Velcro flaps must be properly strapped.
- Only a standard black belt may be worn– this is a belt that fits in the belt loops of the standard uniform pants. Belts with large holes in them and/or hanging ornaments on them are prohibited
- Oversized belt buckles are prohibited. Belt buckles with any type of writing, pictures, or symbols on them are not allowed
- Socks must be white or black and they must show. No-show socks are not allowed. Socks should be ankle socks. Knee-high socks are not allowed. White stockings (no leggings) can be worn as well. Socks/ hosiery and clean shoes must be worn daily. Only white or navy tights and leggings are allowed for girls to wear under skirts.
- ALL shoes MUST fit appropriately and must cover a sufficient amount of the top of the foot; it is unsafe to have shoes that flip off of the children’s feet.
Winter wear includes a school sweatshirt inside classroom. Any non-uniform jackets or sweaters may not be worn in the classroom.
- For their safety, students are not permitted to wear dangling, hoop or oversized stud earrings.
- Excessive or distracting jewelry is not permitted.
Students must be in proper uniform attire. If a student is in violation of proper uniform, he/she will be issued a Classroom Discipline Form with a possibility of being excluded from school. During the first few weeks of school, a uniform check will be performed each morning. At this time, if your child is out of uniform, the parents will be called to come to school with the proper uniform.
Children are expected to have clean clothes, as well as clean bodies and clean teeth. Please practice good health habits with your child.