Only those children who live within the Douglass attendance zones are allowed to register in the school office. Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 30. First grade students MUST be six years old on or before September 30. Bus transportation will only be provided to students living within the school district in accordance with JPPSS attendance zones.
The following credentials must be furnished in order to register:
- Two proofs of residence with parent’s name and address, one being the Entergy bill
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License
- A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate
- A social security card for the child and a parent
- A report card or documentation indicating placement for first through fourth grade students
- Custody papers should be provided if applicable
- A current I.E.P. or evaluations (if applicable) should be presented to assist in your child’s placement.
For more information, visit the enrollment page on the Jefferson Parish Public School System website at jpschools.org/families/enroll-in-a-school.